Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Book to Movie News!

Good evening, everyone!


I've been following news from Publisher's Weekly and some other blogs pretty closely the past few days, and I've come across some interesting news coming out (some is rumor, but let's hope it's true), mostly dealing with a few of my favorite books and the movie/television industry. It was just too good not to share!

1) David Fincher, the incredible director who brought us such gems as Fight Club, The Social Network, and the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, is said to be in talks to direct a film adaptation of Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. This, I believe, is an interesting pairing, and I wouldn't trust many other directors to adapt a film like this. He's done fantastic adaptations in the past and he's one of the few that actually maintains the bones and integrity of a book. So this excites me. Especially since Gillian Flynn has been involved in adapting the book to a screenplay. The other interesting aspect to this news is that the rights to the film were purchased by 20th Century Fox and will be produced by Pacific Standard, the production company owned by Reese Witherspoon. So, I guess that means Reese will be playing Amy Elliott Dunne? I don't know if I can see this. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Reese Witherspoon. She's phenomenal and has played good crazy in the past. I just don't know if she is the right actress to play Amy. And who will they find to play Nick Dunne? May I suggest Gabriel Macht? Or perhaps Tom Hardy?



For more on this, check out this link: http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/david-fincher-eyeing-publishing-sensation-gone-girl-at-fox/


2) Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln is in talks to become a film starring Tom Hanks. Again, not sure about this one.


3) They Royal Shakespeare Company has a stage adaptation of Hilary Mantel's novels Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies in the works for their 2013 winter season. They will reportedly be adapted into two parts, and will include unseen written material by the author herself. The play will run at the Swan Theatre in Stratford-Upon-Avon from December 2013 until March 2014. Don't know about you, but I seriously want to see this. BRING UP TO THE U.S.! SOON! PLEASE!


Link: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/rsc-stage-mantel-novels.html

4) TCG is reportedly releasing a printed edition of the Lincoln screenplay. I think this will be a great gift for your writer friends who are also film buffs and history buffs. Don't forget to read the original work the screenplay was based off, Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals. And see the movie! Seriously, if Daniel Day Lewis doesn't win the Oscar for this role, he's being robbed.



5) This is absolutely exciting news to me! One of my favorite authors, Lauren Oliver, has announced that her Delirium trilogy will be adapted into a television show by Fox! Fox had originally purchased the film rights, but seeing as the trilogy has quite a few twists and subplots and depth, it would be better suited to go the way of The Vampire Diaries. So they purchased a pilot instead! I am sincerely looking forward to this. Now the question is: who will play Lena, Alex, and Hanna? I can wait on Julian. He probably won't show up until season 2 or 3 anyway. Who do you guys want to see in the Delirium cast? Just one more thing: doesn't this sound more like a CW/WB agenda than Fox?


Oh well...

Link: http://lauren-oliver.tumblr.com/post/41284293685/announcing-the-delirium-tv-series




That's all from me. Have a great night!


Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment